There are a lot of modifications for Minecraft Pocket nowadays. The process to install them is completely different from the desktop version of Minecraft though. Here is a quick guide on how to install mods.
- Download the mod you’d like to install.
- Find the file you’ve downloaded and extract the compressed folder.
- In the folder you’ve just extracted, there should be a file named patch.mod. This is the actual file of the mod itself.
- Copy patch.mod onto the root folder of your SD card (or storage) in your Android device. If you don’t know how to do this, google Android USB storage.
- If you get a warning (which would only happen if you’ve installed another mod), just say yes or copy & replace to overwrite any existing patch.mod files.
- Now download and install PocketTool from the Google Play Store (also available on GitHub). PocketTool is a free app that lets you install MCPE mods.
- Open PocketTool
- Press “Tool Kit”
- Select patch.mod and hit Patch.
- PocketTool will now patch MCPE. It shouldn’t take very long. After it is done, hit the Settings button and choose “Apply Changes.”
- Now it asks if you want to uninstall MCPE from your phone. Hit OK. It is just uninstalling the old version.
- Now you’ll be asked to install Minecraft Pocket edition again – just hit install.
- After the game has installed, open it and verify that your mod is working.
Not too bad, is it?